Skip to content
- Always Hike with someone or let people know where you are and when to expect you back.
- Always have a whistle, people respond more to the sound of a whistle than a yell.
- Always have a pen on you, if bitten by a snake you can circle the bite and write the time of the bite.
- Always carry a first aid kit and know what's in it!
- Always carry two forms of fire starter; Flint and or matches, lighter.
- If you're not hiking on a marked path mark your coordinates, and know how to use a compass/GPS.
- Always bring at least 1.5 liters of water for a hike 3 miles or less (better to have too much than not enough)
- Always have food in case you get lost and have to spend the night.